Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q110

I can't put anymore memory past the 16Gig the motherborad will accept.  I need to replace with a faster processor and more memory.  Can I get any suggestions of what motherboard I should replace it with.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mleeh,

Welcome to our HP Users Forum!

The processor in your HP Pavilion 23-q110 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop (M9Z59AA) is part of your motherboard -it is soldered on according to: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04686592, and I quote: "The motherboard supports the AMD Carrizo-L A4-7210, A6-7310, A8-7410 APUs only. The processor is not upgradable." (Emphasis added.)

This means that the only way to enjoy a faster processor, is that you'll have to replace your entire motherboard.

Your AIO's motherboard most likely is fitted with one of the three aforementioned processors.

As far as RAM is concerned, you are limited to 2 x 8GB (16GB):

NonSequitur777_1-1656792782947.png

However, there may be -as in, theoretically, an alternative motherboard available which is fitted with a faster processor, the AMD A10-8700Phttps://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-A10-Series%20A10-8700P.html.

The advantages of this motherboard fitted with the AMD A10-8700P are: faster processing speed -up to 3.20 GHz, and it supports faster RAM memory: 2 x 8GB of DDR3-2133 MHz. This should provide a significant boost in computer performance.

The reason why I believe you could swap your current motherboard with this HP p/n: 810243-001 motherboard, is because it shares many similar features, not in the least the same dimensions:

NonSequitur777_0-1656792509599.png

You can get this motherboard via eBay: hp 810243-001: Search Result | eBay.

However, to add to my disclaimer, even if this would work, you almost certainly would have to get a new Windows license because this motherboard swap would not be considered a straight (same model) motherboard replacement.

All this also depends, of course, how computer/mechanically savvy you are, because it will take an effort to swap motherboards.  Also, if you were to buy faster DDR3 RAM, that would be an additional expense.  In light of this, perhaps the time has come at long last to consider buying a new(er) & faster PC -just my unsolicited penny's worth.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

This was very helpful.  I have incressed memory and cleaned the pc as much as possible.  Thanks for all your information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.