Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 280 G2 Microtower-PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to give the minitower an upgrade with a graphic card - which one would you recommend for this model? it is mostly used for office applications and playing strategic PC games - I think I will need a graphic card with some memory capability, but I am unsure how much - a too powerful one might damage the tower, won't it?

any help is appreciated!

Marion

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, Marion:

With the 180W power supply your PC has, I would not go beyond the Nvidia GT 1030, which draws 30 Watts of power, and you may even be safer with the less powerful Nvidia GT 710, which draws 19 Watts of power.

You can read reviews on each model card, and see if they would be suitable for your needs.

I do not know if the power supplies in that model series can be upgraded.

HP Recommended

thank you for your suggestions, I will certainly consider them!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.