Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@Silverchairbg

I tried the OEM HP 180W supply and there wasn't any difference, with my highest-power 800 G1 USDT (i5-4590S + Quadro M2200).

I ran the Valley Benchmark, and even wPrime at same time to max the CPU, in Win10-64, and the system was stable, so it doesn't appear to need 230W AC supply.

It got the M2200 up to 84-86C (and 65-70C CPU) for an hour, but it never went above that, because it kicked the fans into high-RPM when it reached 85C. No thermal or power throttling reported by GPU-Z.

And that with the M2200 vBIOS OC'ed, 950/1190 MHz Core, 1600 MHz Mem.

HP Recommended

@Goyinator thanks for confirming 180W is all that is needed for this machine. 

I made some progress with the k610m, after I was able to source vbios from AIO machine (basically monitor with all PC parts stuck in its back). So with that vbios, the k610m is finally properly initialised and showing as working correctly in Windows 10. In fact when I use the top Display port, the backlit of the monitor is fired up @1024x768 resolution and the Windows boot sound is passed through the DP to HDMI cable. So I feel like I'm on the finish line, but just not able to cross it. The only prerequisite is for the Video Options Rom to be UEFI, all other settings make no difference. 

So at this point I am convinced the underlying issue with both video cards is due to getting a proper specific vbios for the 800 G1 to get it running and all you who got it running straight out of the box are one lucky bas***ds.

HP Recommended

SpaciaSystems

HI,

I find myself in a similiar situation to yourself and seeing as how you seemed to have found a solution (Albeit with a differnt card) im hoping you can point me in the right direction.

I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1 USDT, and after a little research I decided that I would like to install an AMD Radeon 7650a as this is a compataible mxm card for the machine, after trawling the internet and finding some on ebay I was good to go although as they were are located in China I was a little reluctant, so eventually after finding a UK seller with some 7600a's and after doing a little more research deciding these would still work, I bought one. Fast forward to today, and after having also purchased a 180w power supply as I knew this would be required I got to work installing them.

Now to my problem as you've probably already guessed, I can't get the card to work, so this is where I admit I probably didn't do enough research into the installation side of this, ive just bunged it in and turned it on. From reading through this forum I can confirm that I did not change any bios settings before installing the card and I am connecting the pc to the monitor using the vga port (thinking I probably have to use the Display Port out as suggested by someone here?)

BTW the pc does indeed boot to the desktop, well the frontend I have installed, and I can hear the sound and navigate through it but i have no video 😞

Any help you can give me with this will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

HP Recommended

SpaciaSystems

HI,

I find myself in a similiar situation to yourself and seeing as how you seemed to have found a solution (Albeit with a differnt card) im hoping you can point me in the right direction.

I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1 USDT, and after a little research I decided that I would like to install an AMD Radeon 7650a as this is a compataible mxm card for the machine, after trawling the internet and finding some on ebay I was good to go although as they were are located in China I was a little reluctant, so eventually after finding a UK seller with some 7600a's and after doing a little more research deciding these would still work, I bought one. Fast forward to today, and after having also purchased a 180w power supply as I knew this would be required I got to work installing them.

Now to my problem as you've probably already guessed, I can't get the card to work, so this is where I admit I probably didn't do enough research into the installation side of this, ive just bunged it in and turned it on. From reading through this forum I can confirm that I did not change any bios settings before installing the card and I am connecting the pc to the monitor using the vga port (thinking I probably have to use the Display Port out as suggested by someone here?)

BTW the pc does indeed boot to the desktop, well the frontend I have installed, and I can hear the sound and navigate through it but i have no video 😞

Cheers

HP Recommended

SpaciaSystems

HI,

BTW the pc does indeed boot to the desktop, well the frontend I have installed, and I can hear the sound and navigate through it but i have no video

Cheers

HP Recommended

@WeeScotia123 The original MXM card for HP 800 G1 USDT is Radeon HD 7650A. It works out of the box without any needed modifications to the bios. And as you guessed, yes you need to use the top Display port in order to get video from the MXM card.

As for my issues with k610m and m1000m, I managed to workaround the issue. I use the Windows 10 built-in "Graphics performance reference" and specify which apps should use the MXM card. This way, the games and emulators I use are able to run using the m1000m card I chose to use as permanent. So although not ideal solution, I still get to use the machine as I originally intended. The m1000m card is only 40W, so even when fully under load it never gets higher than 83 degrees with the original heatsink from HP. I have a 4 pin Y splitter and 10x10mm fan, which I can attach to the cooler if I feel the original cooler is not enough someday or if I attach a more powerful card.

HP Recommended

Silverchairbg

At last success!

I purchased at DP to HDMI cable, plugged it in turned the pc on an viola, I have a picture, booted to my frontend, unfortunately most games wouldn't run as they required directx (I new this would happen), got back to Windows and looked online for a driver for the card, couldn't find one specifically so I thought I'll try the 7650a driver from the HP website and to my surprise it installed with no problems and I am able to run all my emulators/games as before and the card performs fairly well.

I do however have a couple of questions, firstly in the display properties under graphics card it says that it is still using shared video memory, can't remember how much, should have taken a picture.

Second question, how do I get into the bios, the HP screen flashes very quickly on boot up and I can't see what I'm doing, I think someone on here had suggested that you can't when outputting from the Display Port, is this true? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.