Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 8300 Elite CMT, D3A17UC#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

How much RAM can an HP Compaq Elite 8300 Convertible Mini Tower use efficiently. This desk top’s processor is an Intel 2nd or 3rd generation  i3-3220 CPU @3.3GHZ, 2 cores, 4 logical processors, 64 bit, BIOS version is HP KO1 v02.51, 6/15/2012, video card is NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030 2GB (the PCIex16 slot used for the card may be only a 2.1 version versus later 3.0 version), OS is Window 10 Pro upgraded from W7 Pro, version 10.0.19041 Build 19041, 8 GB RAM installed, there are 4  DIMM slots that can accommodate a total of 32 GB of DDR3 RAM, 320 GB primary drive, 320 GB secondary drive. The computer is used for home office, photo storage, playing u tube videos and old movies from CDs and instruction videos from CDs, spreads sheets, no gaming normally. The computer may be operated on WiFi or Ethernet. Main thing I would like to know is the reasonable amount of RAM to use with this desktop. Also does the RAM have to be evenly distributed in the DIMM slots, for example can I use a 4 GB and a 1 GB together. I would appreciated your comments and suggestions. Thank you for your help. Oscarmint

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@oscarmint 

Specs for the series

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-elite-8300-ultra-slim-pc/5232866/document/c03345460

For a CMT machine, you can use 1600-MHz non-ECC DDR3 SDRAM; (4) DIMM slots enabling up to 32GB

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@oscarmint 

Specs for the series

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-elite-8300-ultra-slim-pc/5232866/document/c03345460

For a CMT machine, you can use 1600-MHz non-ECC DDR3 SDRAM; (4) DIMM slots enabling up to 32GB

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. I did not realize the i3 could use that much RAM efficiently. It's good to know that I can add some RAM if needed. 

Best Regards, 

Oscarmint

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.