Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
AIO 22
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought an HP AIO 22 this afternoon. I bought it because the worker assured me that it was upgradable. It currently has 4gb of DDR4 SD RAM and 256 GB m.2 SSD. I did a quick google search of the model and it came up on the crucial site showing a total capacity of 16GB (8GB x2) RAM slots and I was going to buy a 1TB SSD SATA to upgrade.

After I finished setting it up, I went to the crucial site to buy the hardware and I noticed that the computer on the display for the crucial site from the google search was a Pavilion AIO 22. I wanted to verify that it would work, so did a manual search on the site and could not find this model. I let the crucial site scan the computer and it said that they couldn't find a match on their site. I even pulled up the BIOS and it didn't tell me the capacity, only the current installed amount of RAM, 4gb.

Is there any way that I can find the maximum capacity?

The model number is 22-df0013w.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You can depend upon the Crucial site for RAM fitment by Manufacturer and Model. You can also depend upon HP Support site for fitment by model. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06042837

Your co-worker was correct. Both the system RAM and Storage drives are indeed upgradable.

I typically do not go beyond the manufacturer recommendations due to possible limitations present in the system BIOS.

I am not suggesting that I never do it, but for compatibility reasons I stick with what the manufacturer recommends. 

If you have money and time to burn you could install two 16GB dual channel ram sticks in your AIO 22". That is an expensive gamble and if it fails you will be forced to sell the ram at a loss. And no, do not buy it and return to Amazon within the return window, that sort of behavior will bite you back some other way (karma).

All-In-One desktop computers (as a rule) are akin to  a big laptop stationary computer on a stand which share many of the same parts. In all cases your graphics is limited to what was supplied at the time of manufacture, not upgradable. In many cases the CPU is not upgradable either. If these two limitations do not bother you, then a big lappy on a stick is just fine as they are very convenient, quiet, and require far fewer wires. I personally like them to remote access my server network.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.