Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am trying to help a friend configure her HP AIO 27 P014..  Most specifically, the TouchScreen which is not working...

I did a fresh Win11 Install but 4 drivers are not configured in Device Manager..

PCI DEVICE

PCI MEMORY CONTROLLER

PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER

SM BUS CONTROLLER

I am thinking (but not sure) that the SM BUS driver will address the TouchScreen issue..

The only driver available for this HP AIO is a BIOS Update...  HPs driver app tells me all the drivers available are installed and Windows Update tells me no new updates are available..

Any assistance would be appreciated...

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if these drivers work for you...

Chipset installation utility for the SM BUS CONTROLLER, PCI MEMORY CONTROLLER:

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101171.exe 

Intel Management Engine Interface for the PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139501-140000/sp139884.exe 

Realtek SD card reader driver for the PCI Device:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98501-99000/sp98820.exe 

HP Recommended

That did fix the outstanding drivers issue.. Thanx for that.. 😄

But, apparently, the driver issue was not the root of the TouchScreen problem..

I still don't have TS capability...  

Just had a thought.. Is this model even capable of TouchScreen??  It's been my experience that all AIOs are pretty much TouchScreen by default..

But maybe this one isn't??  How would I confirm TS capability??

Thanx again...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

According to the product specs it has a touchscreen.

HP ENVY 27-p014 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

There are no standalone touchscreen drivers, so unfortunately, I don't know what you can do to get that function to work.

I always thought a combination of the chipset and graphics drivers allowed the touchscreen to work.

Since the PC does not meet the W11 hardware requirements I don't know if that could be the problem.

HP Recommended

That's a good point..

I'll give that a shot..

Thanx   😄

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Worst case scenario, you can have your friend order recovery media for the PC from this vendor since HP no longer sells it.

Computer Surgeons - MS Win10 HE 64-bit Recovery Kit 848678-001 For HP ENVY All-in-One Model Number 2...

HP Recommended

It just occurred to me..

I had to do some hardware work on the Motherboard...   It occurred to me that I might have missed the TS connector..

I thought the connector marked in RED was the TS, but that's the webcam..

By process of elimination, it appears the connector marked in GREEN is the TS connector..  But it's firmly connected.. 

HP-AIO1.jpg

HP Recommended

There are many posts on this forum where touch screens quit working for one reason or another.

Usually there is no resolution.

I would have no idea why that one isn't working.

It's just a matter of trying different things.

I'd clean install W10 and see if that works.

You can use the drivers from the base model 27-p000 for W10.

HP ENVY 27-p000 All-in-One Desktop PC series (Touch) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Su...

HP Recommended

Sounds good..   I'll check back in with what fixes it..  😄

Thanx so much for the assist...

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.