Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT computer being delivered tomorrow. I want to know how much memory does this PC support maximum? I know it has 4 RAM slots and the one I ordered comes with 6 GB RAM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The max memory your PC can support is 4 x 8 GB of DDR3-1333 MHz.

See the quickspecs below page 7.

HP Compaq 6200 Pro Series (highspeedbackbone.net)

System Memory Support

The HP Compaq 6200 Elite Series supports the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor family.

Based on a new PC microarchitecture, the processor is designed for a two-chip platform consisting of a processor and Platform Controller Hub (PCH).

Unlike previous generations, the processor includes an integrated memory controller (IMC).

The IMC supports DDR3 protocols with two independent, 64-bit wide channels each accessing one or two DIMMs.

Two channels of non-ECC unbuffered DDR3 memory with a maximum of two UDIMMs per channel

Single-channel and dual-channel memory organization modes

Data burst length of eight for all memory organization modes

DDR3 memory data transfer rates of 1066 MT/s (PC3-8500) and 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600)

64-bit wide channels DDR3 I/O voltage of 1.5V

Maximum memory bandwidth of 10.6 GB/s in single-channel mode or 21 GB/s in dual-channel mode assuming DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600)

The largest memory capacity possible is 32GB using four (4) 8GB DIMMs

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The max memory your PC can support is 4 x 8 GB of DDR3-1333 MHz.

See the quickspecs below page 7.

HP Compaq 6200 Pro Series (highspeedbackbone.net)

System Memory Support

The HP Compaq 6200 Elite Series supports the 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processor family.

Based on a new PC microarchitecture, the processor is designed for a two-chip platform consisting of a processor and Platform Controller Hub (PCH).

Unlike previous generations, the processor includes an integrated memory controller (IMC).

The IMC supports DDR3 protocols with two independent, 64-bit wide channels each accessing one or two DIMMs.

Two channels of non-ECC unbuffered DDR3 memory with a maximum of two UDIMMs per channel

Single-channel and dual-channel memory organization modes

Data burst length of eight for all memory organization modes

DDR3 memory data transfer rates of 1066 MT/s (PC3-8500) and 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600)

64-bit wide channels DDR3 I/O voltage of 1.5V

Maximum memory bandwidth of 10.6 GB/s in single-channel mode or 21 GB/s in dual-channel mode assuming DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600)

The largest memory capacity possible is 32GB using four (4) 8GB DIMMs

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.