Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite CMT PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this computer a few years back as a "gaming" PC and it's grown quite sluggish. 

I am an absolute novice concerning this and have no idea where to start, so I'm wondering if anybody has any experience or could recommend a starting point or products. 

I've gathered a new CPU and/or GPU would be best but I do not know what is compatible. 

I will post all the applicable info I know of following ;

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BaseBoard Product 1494 (Version shows unavailable)

AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series

IMG_20200711_164920.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I put a Nvidia GT 1030 in mine, 32 GB of memory, and a solid state drive.

Mine also has the i7 processor.

Runs great.

The first thing I would do would be to install a SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.