Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP DeskTOP h8-1520T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello:

I have two(2)HP Desktop H8-1520t i7 16MB and 3TB, win10P64b. Now suddenly Mocrosoft announced that without tpm-2 you can not upgrade.to Win11 ( so my PC's are junk as for as Microsoft and hardware manufacturar are concerns) They want me to buy new PC.

Any one has any solution out of it? or simply

1. Buy mother board new with TPM 2 & update peaces work with motherboard

2. By new daektop 

3. Heck to windows switch to Linux Mint etc.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
Does your computer work well with windows 10?
why want to change for a system, about which we do not know much!
If ever, you can't install windows 11, it won't be a big deal!
And for the umpteenth time, for the moment, nothing is done yet, maybe there will be possibilities, changes
don't spend anything just to upgrade to windows 11!

HP PCs – Support for Windows 11 | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, @H1520T 

Your PC won't be officially supported for W10 even if it had a TPM 2.0 chip.

Microsoft has set the baseline Intel processor requirements at a minimum of an Intel 8th gen core processor.

I have heard rumors that they might let the PC's with the Intel 7th gen core processors be allowed to run W11.

Buying a new motherboard that supports an 8th gen core processor would probably not work with your PC's wiring, and you would also need to buy a new Windows license, so that would not be a good option at all.

But there may be a 4th option to add to your list, and that is to be patient and see what the creative folks out there in cyberspace come up with to bypass the W11 system check that it runs when you try to install it.

It can be done now, as I have W11 installed in an older PC than yours (Intel 2nd gen core processor) that does not support secure boot, and only has a TPM 1.2 chip.

The PC runs fine on W11 too, so I am hopeful that I will be able to continue to use W11 on it in the future.

It was very simple to modify the W11 installation files to bypass the checks in the W11 developer's version, and I will patiently wait until Microsoft releases the first public release, and keep an eye on the internet for someone to figure out a way to install the production version of W11 on any PC that W10 works on.

If for some unlikely reason it can't be done, we have until 2025 to use W10 until it goes out of support.

HP Recommended

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/06/28/update-on-windows-11-minimum-system-requirement...
https://docs.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-inte...

in the meantime, various sites, as always, publish information, and at the moment it's still the same
It's possible that ..
Microsoft could ...
Basically nothing concrete!
If you want to test, I advise in any case, not to destroy, your system in place, make at least a clone of this last, if you can not do the installation on another system disks for example

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.