Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-cr1000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

HP Display Control popup popup keeps coming up every time i reboot, I updated it three time still coming up. Very annoying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Why would you leave this open?

Marking my previous post as the accepted solution would be  taking an action that thanks me.

The issue that you reported has been resolved.

If you reinstall the app and it happens again, you now know what you have to do to resolve it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Can you provide an image of the HP Display Control popup you are referring to?

If it is just the normal startup logo, you will just have to accept it as part of the Laptop's firmware startup process.

The normal startup logo and menu image provides time to access the startup menu and BIOS.

That is something you  definitely do not want to make go away.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2024-03-02 154224.png

Thank you for the response.

Here is the screen capture of the HP display control popup.  I downloaded  and installed the files, still keeps popping up.

HPDC_Service_4.9.25.0 this is the file that it downloads. Very annoying I've had this computer less than a Week. 

HP Recommended

What you can do is stop the servicing notifications for the HP Display Control.

Open Settings, then click on System and then look in the list for the HP Display Control App and click on the button to its right to turn the notification off.  That is how I get rid of the notifications that annoy me.

NotificationsEnableDisable.png

HP Recommended

There is no Display Control App in my settings. I turned off every HP notifications, still pops up after reboot.

HP Recommended

Go to settings --> Apps and find the HP Display Control App.

Uninstall it.

Reinstall it if you find that you need it.

HP Recommended

That seemed to work.  😄 Thank you. I'll leave this conversation open incase it pops up again.

Thank  you again

Have a wonderful Day

Bluebird65

HP Recommended

Why would you leave this open?

Marking my previous post as the accepted solution would be  taking an action that thanks me.

The issue that you reported has been resolved.

If you reinstall the app and it happens again, you now know what you have to do to resolve it.

HP Recommended

I don't find the ACEPTED SOLUTION as ACCEPTABLE..... I assume HP install this software because it's needed , deleting it is not acceptable.

The issue is "WHY ON EVERY RESTART DOES IT INSIST ON DOWNLOADING IT AGAIN AND RE_INSTALLING IT ?"  In my opinion that is fault and requires fixing , not just uninstalling the s/w.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.