Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 795-0030qd CTO

I’m hoping I can upgrade my HP ENVY 750 video card to  the Intel ARC 770a. It currently has Intel 630 card. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In checking the Intel ARC 770a, it will come in two different flavors but for now only the 16GB version is available.  The PC noted is the HP ENVY Desktop - 795-0030qd CTO.  The Intel 630 is really Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630, which is no graphics  card but part of the CPU.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06113491

If that is the current configuration - no no graphics  card - then it will require a much different power supply to host the Intel ARC 770a, which in looking at the available power supply choices for that PC, it beyond the highest.

Others may be able to post on the choices but it looks as though the ARC 770a will be to much.  You do have choices to move up the GeForce line of graphics cards

• NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB GDDR5X dedicated)

The higher end of those cards requires a power supply change, also, with the 500W supply listed as a choice and probably required.  Others maybe more knowledgeable to for the exact requirements, if you wish to pursue any of those choices.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In checking the Intel ARC 770a, it will come in two different flavors but for now only the 16GB version is available.  The PC noted is the HP ENVY Desktop - 795-0030qd CTO.  The Intel 630 is really Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630, which is no graphics  card but part of the CPU.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06113491

If that is the current configuration - no no graphics  card - then it will require a much different power supply to host the Intel ARC 770a, which in looking at the available power supply choices for that PC, it beyond the highest.

Others may be able to post on the choices but it looks as though the ARC 770a will be to much.  You do have choices to move up the GeForce line of graphics cards

• NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB GDDR5X dedicated)

The higher end of those cards requires a power supply change, also, with the 500W supply listed as a choice and probably required.  Others maybe more knowledgeable to for the exact requirements, if you wish to pursue any of those choices.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. I was looking at the ARC because it’s supposed to be great for AI generation. Does any of the cards you mentioned support AI?  
Also can you show me/ refer me to how to increase power supply for this computer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.