Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite V2 keyboard
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just purchased an HP Elite V2 keyboard for my Z820 Workstation running Win 7 64. Unfortunately,  I have not been able to get the numeric keypad to work. I've pressed the Num Lock key button to no avail. I've uninstalled and re-installed the keyboard drivers in Device Manager to no avail. (Device Manager is showing two HID Keyboard Devices and one Logitech HID compliant Unifying keyboard.)

I've unchecked all of the options in the Make your Keyboard easier window (I had mouse keys enabled and never had Filter Keys enabled).

I have an HP Elite V1 keyboard at home and it works OK (not sure what Device Manager shows on that workstation.

I bought this keyboard because I love the feel of the keys on my V1 at home but no one has the V1 version anymore and the Logitech keyboard the company provided didn't even have a numeric keypad.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Have you tried the steps mentioned in the following weblink:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Wireless-Elite-v2-Keyboard/3707817/model/5125146/document/c04...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you tried the steps mentioned in the following weblink:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Wireless-Elite-v2-Keyboard/3707817/model/5125146/document/c04...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Weird - I unplugged the USB dongle and plugged it back in and now the Numeric Keypad works - even though I had tried this before and even re-booted the PC.

I have to say I wish HP had a light for the numeric keypad. I also REALLY like that the USB dongle on my V1 lights up whenever you push a key on the keyboard - a sure way to tell if it's working. Only problem is the dongle long and I broke a previous dongle by hitting it with my foot. Since the dongles are keyed to the specific keyboard, the keyboard became useless and I had to buy a new keyboard/dongle setup.

I searched all over the net to try to find a V1 Elite keyboard to no avail.

In any event, thanks for the suggestion as that did work for me..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.