Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envoy Phoenix
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Envoy Phoenix won't power on, no fans or lights.  The light on the power supply is solid green.  I took it to best buy and had the power supply checked, which tested good.  They say the motherboard should be replaced, but before I do that, I was wondering if it could be a power button, or something other than a motherboard.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
the power indicator light generally indicates the good functioning or not of the box
If there is a problem when you try to start, the indicator light may blink, or go out
If it remains on we can assume that the power supply is in good condition.
We should be able to actually test the start button

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2011-jumping-a-motherboard-without-power-switch-button

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/resources/why-wont-my-computer-turn-on.html

https://www.calvyn.com/how-to-on-computer-without-power-button/

these are just examples
do other research

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

A "blinking green" lamp may indicate that the computer is "sleeping".

Hold down the on/off button for 30 seconds, or until the lamp goes dark, then release it.

Tap the on/off button. Does the computer now start "normally" ?

HP Recommended

Nope.  It doesn't .do anything different

HP Recommended

Did you hold-down the  power-button for 2 seconds? 30 seconds? 60 seconds? 

Doing so will signal the computer to COMPLETELY power-off, not just to "hibernate".

HP Recommended

Is the power supply plugged into the motherboard? If it is there should be a LED on the motherboard that lights up.

Next you have to check if the front panel power switch connectors are also plugged in properly.

HP Recommended

Everything is connected. I reseated all of the connections. Zero happens when I press the power button. 

HP Recommended

I can't turn off, if it never turns on. 

HP Recommended

actually I was incorrect, HP in its infinite wisdom didn't provide an LED on that motherboard.

Only two things could be the Power connector from the power supply. Or the Front panel connector.  The front panel connector is my best guess . Either its connected to the wrong connector on motherboard, Since there is a few similar connectors or installed in the wrong orientation.

HP Recommended

I guess i forgot to mention, this PC has been running great for the last 4 or 5 years, and just stopped working. 

HP Recommended

> it just stopped working

A friend almost died when his heart "just stopped working". Fortunately, emergency medical treatment brought him back.

Perhaps, it is your motherboard or your power-supply or your power-switch that has "suddenly" gone bad.

Have you tried a different power-supply?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.