Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have been looking online for a way to access the drive bay in the Envy, and your image is the best clue I have found. Like you, HP support refuses to help with this (they say no user guide exists for opening the case, and even if it did, it would voice the warranty).

Are there any parts that need to be undone to get the bay carriage to swing outward? For example, the snaps that connect the front panel? Or do you simply apply a great deal of pressure and pry it outward?

HP Recommended

You have to remove front plastic (silver) cover. You will then see 2 screws. Removing them will allow drive cage to open (swing outside). 

In the beginning, I thought that the front cover cannot be removed (it is very tight), but after applying a bit more pressure it opened up (if I remember correctly it also swing (to the right)). Watch out for a power button wire on it. 

It is disappointing that we cannot get help from HP. 3 weeks later, and I still cannot get information on the part number for my caddy.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Savism,  I have the same PC/same issue.

I'm also trying to add a hard disk.  There's no caddy or 'adapter' for the hard drive.

Instead, you use 4 screws, but I dont know which are the correct screws (HP support is pretty thin).

something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/i/153056959679?chn=ps

Attach the 4 screws to the h/d and then slide the disk into the bay - you'll notice there's a black plastic latch on the side of the cage.

BWL2

HP Recommended

BWL2, metal housing/cage appears to be much bigger than my 3.5" disk. I do not see how you can just slide disk even with additional screws. There is at least an inch of the gap. 

What is the size of your disk? Could you add some photo?

Thank you for your information!

HP Recommended

Six weeks later I am still unable to obtain part number for either internal secondary disk drive or a caddy/adapter that will work this computer. To my BIG surprise, no HP department knows ANYTHING about this configuration. Five calls to Tech Support, three to various parts departments, 2 Case Managers assigned to me, and NOBODY can obtain the appropriate part number or a manual.

The computer is assembled in China, and apparently, there is no way to find out what parts are they putting in these computers. I am amazed that this is even possible, but it is happening to me. 😞 

HP Recommended

Sorry Savism, I forgot to reply.

Attached are instructions from a similar PC + some screw pix.

You attach 4 screws to the hard disk  (HD), slide HD into cage and the (black) latch on the outside of the cage secures the HD by latching one of the 4 screws.

Note: I dont know the exact screw type -  it's either the HP 'blue' type, M3 (metric) or 6-32 screw (see pix).

BWL2

pix01.pngpix02.png

HP.Blue.screws.jpgHP.screws.jpg

HP Recommended

@Savism, @Banditoes, @BWL2, @Grzwacz, @Cheron-Z,

I have been working on this. I am awaiting a PM.

What I can tell you from observation of this disassembly EOL page . The picture shows isolation screws. (blue).

Lower in the page, it shows a Seagate drive.

HP is using the blue isolation screw heads to slide the HD into the assembly.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Some photos to help answer questions.   (From my Envy 795-0040xt).    **Sorry I posted this to the wrong thread***

Things I'd like to know:

• Who makes the MB?
  • Will I ever be able to order a new PS?

Was surprised to discover the Front Panel has 4 USB-3, 1 USB-C, SD Card, and Audio jacks.  No specs for the Front Port panel anywhere that I can find.

Cables leaving the 300W supply.  Two SATA connectors to the leftCables leaving the 300W supply. Two SATA connectors to the left2x2 header into MB2x2 header into MBBlue SATA cables for HDD and ODD.  Power aboveBlue SATA cables for HDD and ODD. Power aboveNext to the CPU.  PS and CFAN connectorNext to the CPU. PS and CFAN connectorAny ideas who the OEM is?Any ideas who the OEM is?envy-795 - 6.jpgenvy-795 - 7.jpgenvy-795 - 8.jpgThese are right screws for the driveThese are right screws for the drive

HP Recommended

@Banditoes@BWL2@Grzwacz@Cheron-Z, @chrisocowan @wb2001 

I was finally able to install the second disk. Part (screws) arrived on Friday – 6-32 blue isolation screws. HP part number is 511945-001 "Hard drive isolation grommets (Blue color)."

Caddy/adapter is NOT needed.

The older configuration provided spare screws behind the front bezel. This computer does not have it, so you have to order them.

I have also found these part numbers: 594220-001 & 450712-001. They appear to be the same.

If you cannot order them from the HP, their reseller (800-797-7164) sells them for $14 plus shipping from FL. I have also found them on Amazon and E-Bay -

If you cannot order them from the HP, their reseller (800-797-7164) sells them for $14 plus shipping from FL. I have also found them on Amazon and E-Bay - https://www.ebay.com/p/HP-450712-001-Hard-Drive-Isolation-Grommet-Mounting-Screws-for-DC5800-DC7900/...

See attached photos.

IMG_4759.JPGIMG_4766.JPGIMG_4776.JPGIMG_4778.JPGIMG_4782.JPGIMG_4788.JPG

HP Recommended

More info

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-795-series-NEW-info/m-p...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.