Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi, I have recently purchased the following desktop PC:
HP Envy TE02-1000na Desktop – Core™ i9 with NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4070 Ti

I was wondering how straight forward it would be to upgrade the GPU to an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 (if at all possible) 

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @LucaDap2000 

Typical USA RTX 4090 prices range from about $1800.00 to $2300.00.

This graphics card upgrade at, I'll use $2300.00, is about 62% of the cost of the PC:

$2300/ $3706 USD. (3000 British pounds converted to US dollars).

I don't know if you will see a 62% improvement when gaming by upgrading to a 4090.

I am not familiar with your PC's case. This HP Site shows PC specs including case dimensions.

This Site shows specs for an Nvidia reference 4090 including: dimensions and power requirements. Other 4090 cards may exceed Nvidia reference card dimensions and power requirements.

You would have to measure to see if a triple slot 4090 will fit in your PC's case, which also includes accounting for the length and width of the 4090 plus the Nvidia 16 pin connection to the card.

The top power supply offered by HP for this PC is 800 watts. Tech Power Up recommends a minimum 850 watt PSU. This may or may not be an issue.

But the 4090 will need three dedicated 150 watt PCIe connections from the power supply to run the card. Or the HP PSU will need to have a 16 pin PCIe 5.0 connector.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.