Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy23-d010a
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Envy23-d010a, Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM and a GeForce GT 630M Graphics Card. I was looking to upgrade the graphics card from the GT 630M to a GTX 960/970 as it is outdated and cannot run the games that I wish to play smoothly. So my questions are:

1. Is this computer's graphics card able to be upgraded? It is an All-In-One and I was wondering if this effects it.

2. If yes to question 1, is the GTX 960/970 compatible?

3. Do you have a better alternative to the GTX 960/970 graphics cards?

4. Where might I purchase the GTX 960 or 970 (using paypal) or your recommended alternative?

If there are any other specs or details you need to know I will happily supply them.

Thankyou in advance,

Ronan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Those kind of graphics cards are designed for the laptop market and the AIO's.  Few are for aftermarket because of the engineering required to make them compatible with the rest of the PC.  You are free to research, if you like but IMHO it is a lost cause.  Here are some cards, if you are inquisitive.

https://www.amazon.com/Radeon-HD6770-Video-Card-100317R00-600-G/dp/B00I4ACH4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

I have no idea if any of them will work for the PC in question or the capability of the card.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

One thing that you need to keep in mind is this PC is an AIO.  Assuming THIS IS THE CORRECT MODEL.   Very limited ability to do changes as mentioned in the post.  The motherboard does not have a conventional PCI-e slot but has:

One PCI Express MXM slot that supports a PCI Express x16 graphics card (Generation 2 speed)

The card that is mentioned, as far as I know, does not come in the MXM slot configuration.  Also, the power supply would not support the mentioned card.

The best way to do any improvement would be to get a different PC.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help "TheOldMan", however buying a completely new PC is not in my price range...

I will begin searching for a compatible graphics card then, but I would like to ask another few questions:

1. Is there a massive difference between a graphics card with 2GB Memory and another with 4GB Memory?

2. Is it possible to upgrade the power supply to my computer?

Would either of these this cards be compatible with my computer?

- Nvidia GTX 750 Ti

- Nvidia GTX 770 Ti

HP Recommended

Assuming the link I gave is indeed the correct model that you are asking about, this is an All in One.  The conventional graphics card will not fit in an AIO unit.  Please confirm this is your PC, I will post the link in a more obvious fashion.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-23-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/5295879/model/5299331/do...

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yes, I believe that is my desktop model. What graphics cards do fit in an AIO unit then? Is there any way to upgrade it enough so I can play games like "Ark: Survival Evolved"?

HP Recommended

Those kind of graphics cards are designed for the laptop market and the AIO's.  Few are for aftermarket because of the engineering required to make them compatible with the rest of the PC.  You are free to research, if you like but IMHO it is a lost cause.  Here are some cards, if you are inquisitive.

https://www.amazon.com/Radeon-HD6770-Video-Card-100317R00-600-G/dp/B00I4ACH4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid...

I have no idea if any of them will work for the PC in question or the capability of the card.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.