Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion TG01-1160xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased an HP desktop computer and HP sent an HP keyboard with it (model 928922-001 BGMCH0B 9HDQ5LE). I complained in a previous post about it's abysmal function key usage:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Lastest-HP-keyboard-provide-no-...

I bought a new very cheap keyboard from Dell which works much better. The HP keyboard has been used on an older machine that I have. Starting today it is now repeating keys. When I press the "2" key, it spits out "32". When I press the "3" key it spits out "32". Other keys have the exact same problem. I received the keyboard in July, which means that just 5 months after receiving it, it has already had a complete hardware failure. Resetting, new drivers, and unplugging/replugging do nothing to fix the problem. Other keyboard work just fine. I didn't think I could be more disappointed in the cheap quality of HP's latest keyboards. Guess I was wrong.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

so this is a slim line keyboard, see with PN in other post.

it is USB wired

and FN key is NO GOOD.😬

F1 to F12 are dead, unlike any PCs on earth F1 to F12 keys are just that, until Fn pushed.

but not this pile of junk

so kick it to the curb, spend $10 at walmart for a REAL one. USB 104 + keyboard,

i'd roll this slime board over with my car tires and trash it . so others 😂

sorry ive never seen one slim PC,    wow what a pile.

will he real keyboard stand up and take a bow and we throw rotten eggs. RIP, forever.

HP Lifestyle USB Multi Media Slim Wired Keyboard TPC-P001K TPC-C003K 928922-001

If the PC will not use a real keyboard, say so... as that would be a tragedy.

but real keyboards have no Fn key a windows keyboard has none, just control, WIN and alt there only just 3 keys there.

for sure needs switch to turn off FN SURE !!! (invert it)queer.JPG

the keyboard brain is just a table for matrix to scan codes, but if you push F1 you sure do not get F1 scan codes!!!

you GET HP custom codes.  this is inside the brain of the keyboard this,  and not possible to change.(it)

to fix it in software you'd have to remap all  top row 24 scans inverted, (custom software to do that trick)

Sorry you  had this problem it is very odd. to say the least.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

it is a USB wired keyboard but is the very odd slim line class of PC.

928922-001  (slim line odd ball)

a very odd PC that, with custom keys no other desktop on earth has, now that is shock

why do you need to lock the FN key

can not dream up a way  to need that can you share that need?.

buy a real keyboard full 104 at walmart and behappy?

here is your beast?, If I ever say a pc with this it be ,like walk on by, like the song goes.  TRASH.

I guess you are saying but never did? the game uses F1 to 12 real keys and yours do not work that it?

In that this LAME PC has keys set to Fn backwards like  volume up and down and not NORMAL F1 to F12 well OUCH that stinks for sure, even laptops do NOT DO THAT>  I put this in the trash, the Keyboard does that in 2 PCs (one not slim) then the keyboard is trash,  so trash it and move one.  $10 fix, end it.

queer.JPG

HP Recommended

last time I saw this (old fossil) is PS/2 keyboards do not work on other PCs. (OEM1 faiIls in OEM2 PC)

due to ,same deal, custom scan codes. in they keyboard.

even back in 1985 , the AT./XT bottom switch  did that for same reason, yes that old..

HP Recommended

even run 2 keyboards,  most PCs can do that. USB 1 and USB 2.  jacked in.

so you get best of 2 worlds.

or get this huge keyboard the WING with huge extra keys to assign to any macro you want

k95?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/K95-Cherry-Mx-Brown-Mechanical-Keyboard-18-Macro-Keys-Discontinued-model/12...

see those G keys.  be anything you want.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.