Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0007ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im curious as to how to switch the functionality of the multimedia-keys.

I tried FN+ ESC already but that doesnt seem to do the trick.

I downloaded and installed the software i could find from the HP supportpage but still nothing.

The keyboard would be a great use if its possible to switch between normal F-keys and multimedia-keys, since i use the F-Keys more frequently as the multimedia-keys.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lurgenda

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Depending on your keyboard, you may actually have a dedicated “Fn Lock” key. If you don't, you may have to press the Fn key and then press an “Fn Lock” key to activate it.

Let's try this:

Press the f10 key to open the BIOS Setup menu. Select the Advanced menu. Select the Device Configuration menu. Press the right or left arrow key to select Enable or Disable the Fn Key switch. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02035108 to know more about How to Lock or Unlock the Fn (Function) Key.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.