Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
GT12-0045na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

In a nutshell I have a HP Omen 25l GT12-0045na Desktop.

I wanted to upgrade the CPU cooler and the case - for which I chose the NZXT Kraken x73 and Corsair iCUE 4000x.

The CPU cooler works and is properly set up, apart from the USB connector that supposed to go into the internal motherboard connector, but I used the external USB port for that.

The Corsair iCUE 4000x case was compatible too, however, the Corsair Lighting Node Core - that comes with the case - is not being detected by the motherboard's 9 Pin USB connector.

And I know the connector works because I was able to hook up the NZXT cooler to it with no issues.

I have all the correct software installed and drivers up-to-date.

The motherboard is just not detecting the Corsair fan RGB controller for some reason.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

>  is not being detected by the motherboard's 9 Pin USB connector.

If you open the Windows "Device Manager" (right-mouse click on the Windows "start" button), is the device listed as "unknown device" or "device-drivers are missing" ?

Experiment: power-off the computer, disconnect the 9-pin connector from the motherboard, and power-on the computer. Connect any memory-stick to any USB port. Do you hear any noise from your computer's speakers as Windows detects that USB-interface memory-stick? Further, do you hear the similar noise when you connect the 9-pin connector to the socket on the motherboard? Or, no noise?

HP Recommended

The device manager only shows all the USB devices apart from the Corsair Lighting Node Core, same with USBDeview.

I’ve tried disconnecting/reconnecting it multiple times but there’s nothing to indicate that the motherboard /Windows is recognizing the hardware. 

There is a possibility that the Corsair LNC is broken, but my suspicion is that the HP Dorado motherboard is just not compatible for no apparent reason. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.