Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
P600 Portable SSD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

To anyone looking for a solution for your P600 portable SSD only showing as a DVD drive.  If you were able to enter a password on your first access of the drive, you need to run the EXE on the mounted virtual DVD drive that DOES manage to show up.  The app may perform VERY poorly for you as it does for many.  Be patient and type in your password for the drive.  Once you do, you will see the HP P600 mount as a drive and map a drive letter (e.g. - D:, E:, F:)..

Unfortunately, the forums and support site offer nothing of value.  I have been trying to make this work for several hours, searching and calling HP..  Save your time and try this.  I would also suggest returning the device for another brand based on the very poor performance and support from HP.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The security program asks me to format the disc. Do you know if this will erase all of the data I have stored on it? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.