cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Mint1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Pavilion 23-p030na All in One

HP Recommended
Hewlett-Packard 23-p030na System Serial Number: [Personal Information RAsset Tag: CZC4291Milion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

According to a HP scan which I ran yesterday my hard drive is in the process of failing. The message told me to contact support.

It would obviously make sense to upgrade to a SSD & I ran an upgrade scanner with Crucial. The result suggests that they have no upgrade that is suitable and this has made me question whether I am able to install an SSD as I would have assumed that they would have a suitable product.

Is anyone able to confirm that an upgrade is possible and perhaps make a suggestion as to make & model.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,859 65,572 12,551 21,633
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mint1 

You should be able to use 2.5" SATA SSD. The main point is how to kit it to your machine PHYSICALLY. Normally we use an adapter such as

https://computers.mwave.com.au/electronics/2.5-To-3.5-Adapter

And to be sure the SATA cable has suitable length OR you have to adjust the 2.5" drive on the adapter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,859 65,572 12,551 21,633
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mint1 

You should be able to use 2.5" SATA SSD. The main point is how to kit it to your machine PHYSICALLY. Normally we use an adapter such as

https://computers.mwave.com.au/electronics/2.5-To-3.5-Adapter

And to be sure the SATA cable has suitable length OR you have to adjust the 2.5" drive on the adapter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>

View solution in original post

Mint1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks for that. I had thought that if Crucial could not supply a unit then perhaps it was due to limitations within the build itself. I'm surprised that Crucial don't say that they can supply a SSD but that I would have to purchase my own adapter to make it fit. Anyway I'm pretty sure that I can find a solution to ensure that it fits.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation