Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am an owner of a Pavilion desktop PC and I really need to upgrade the graphics card, and in order to do so I also have to upgrade the PSU.

These are links to the GPU and PSU I wish to purchase.

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-ZT-P10600A-10L-Compact-Graphics/dp/B01IA9FEOO

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm...

Will I be able to use these specific components? If not, what better alternatives are there?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Greetings QuentinOsterhag,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

There are many 570-p0xx PCs.

But all of the PC's use three possible motherboards:

Willow,

Willow2,

Lubin.

It is not possible to install a dual slot graphics card in any of the above motherboards.

There are USB, Audio, and 24 pin power supply connections on the motherboard which will block a dual slot graphics card installation.

You can only install a single slot, limited length, graphics card in these motherboards. The motherboards are smaller than the standard 9.6 inch dimensions of a uATX motherboard.

Regards.

HP Recommended

So is there any graphics card that I can upgrade to? 

HP Recommended

Hi QuentinOsterhag,

You are limited to a single slot graphics card.

The new card cannot bump into the 24 pin MB power supply connection.

The MB is about 8.5 inches.

The 24 pin power supply connection may be two or more inches in length.

You have to measure along the PCIe x16 slot to the 24 pin power supply connection to see how long the new graphics card can be.

Talk to a local PC tech. Let the tech take a look.

Regards

HP Recommended

Would Best Buy be able to help?

HP Recommended

Hi Quentin,

Best Buy can help.

The problem you will see is single slot graphics cards will have limited capabilities.

A single slot card is not going to give you great FPS on AAA games.

What is your motivation to upgrade the existing graphics card on your PC?

Regards

HP Recommended

Lack of video ram, primarily.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the help by the way, I really appreciate it man.

HP Recommended

Hi Quentin,

You're very welcome.

Regards

HP Recommended

Yes you can upgrade. Fro instace you will find in youtube videos installing the follwing card : EVGA GeForce GTX1050 Ti 4GB SC Gaming

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.