Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 6p-2127c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer runs very well.  I have added 8mgs of ram and installed Windows 10 Home.  My Nvidia GTX 630 is no longer supported because the architecture is no longer being used.  EVGA recommends that I upgrade to a GTX 1030.  They encouraged me to ask you if the motherboard will support this upgrade. THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TAMPA33619 , welcome to the forum.

The first thing that you have to check is, does the motherboard have UEFI: https://www.howtogeek.com/175649/what-you-need-to-know-about-using-uefi-instead-of-the-bios/

HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  Your computer was released in May, 2012.  The GTX 1030 requires UEFI in the motherboard.  Therefore, I don't believe that it will work.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Good morning!

Under system information - it reflects BIOS MODE - UEFI

Does that provide me the needed information?

THANKS!!!! 

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @TAMPA33619!

Yes, this means that your motherboard does have UEFI.  I have to admit this surprises me, however.

If this information is correct, I believe that the GTX 1030 should work fine.  It sounds like the manufacturer's Tech Support agrees.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.