Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-q059na

Hi all,

I have a pavilion all in one and just doesn't power on

The charger has been tested with a multimeter and shows correct output

No power led either when plugging in the back

Any ideas to suggest before i open this up ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Multimeter setting were fine and charger is ok

I seen a few issues with all in one 23 series on the net so decided to venture more

Then i watched a YouTube video shorting out pins 2 and 4 on the ribbon from the power switch

Hey presto we got power again

Shouldn't have to do this though - So bad

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@fonetonez -- The charger has been tested with a multimeter and shows correct output

What values do you get for VOLTAGE ? for WATTAGE? 

What are those two ratings on the label of the charger?

Is it possible that the connector on the computer is damaged -- no longer properly connected to the computer's motherboard?

HP Recommended

The Multimeter setting were fine and charger is ok

I seen a few issues with all in one 23 series on the net so decided to venture more

Then i watched a YouTube video shorting out pins 2 and 4 on the ribbon from the power switch

Hey presto we got power again

Shouldn't have to do this though - So bad

HP Recommended

We have similar, the Hp All in One  20-c434, and power went out suddenly a week ago. Nothing wrong with the power cord, but we are in warranty so likely going to have to take it in for repair. Not happy about this as we can't access the hard drive to do a backup first. The technical side, like taking it apart and all that isn't something I'm comfortable with. If we screw up, warranty is out.  Hp support wasn't terribly helpful, either. I would not recommend this machine to anyone.

HP Recommended

@katkate -- we can't access the hard drive to do a backup first

A computer technician can do this, or just remove the disk-drive, and keep it, and take the rest of the computer to be repaired.  Since you have a "power" issue, the lack of a disk-drive should not be an issue for the HP technician. If the technician can make it start-up, and enter BIOS SETUP, or run the HP Hardware Diagnostics, then the technician's work is complete.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.