Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hpe H9-1187
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all. I'v recently gotten more interested into PC these days, and wanted to get into some gaming. The PC I have is a HP Pavilion HPE h9-1187 Phoenix Desktop PC, with a Nvidia Gt530. This was a pre built PC purchased years ago. I'm a complete noob at PC hardware upgrading and wanted to know if I'm able to upgrade the graphics card to something more powerful. Perhaps also gaining insight from experienced individuals on how to look into/ select the correct compatible graphics cards in the future without needing to make a post.

Complete Specs:
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5

i7 3770 @ 3.40ghz

10gb ddr3 ram

GeForce GT530

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Telephone, welcome to the forum.

The problem you will have is, the newer video cards require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard/Legacy BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  Your computer was released in June, 2012.  So, it is doubtful that you have UEFI.  The last series of cards to not require UEFI were the GTX 660/670's.  I suggest choosing a manufacturer and contacting their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  I like EVGA products.  Their Tech Support is always very helpfu.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.