Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline 400-434
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have this HP Pavilion Slimline 400-434, and I have to change the power supply, but I don't know which power supply to buy because there are many different power supply for the Slimline.Does anybody know which power supply does the HP Pavilion 400-434 carry?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KevinG1,

Again I am going to request that you answer a simple question.   Look here, and tell what style of rear plate the unit has. Look at pg 4.. Left is an internal PSU.  Right is an external Power Brick.

If it is the left picture, then shut-down the computer and measure.

Standard ATX PSU measurements (324 x 212).jpg

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@KevinG1, welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you try HP Partsurfer to see if HP has one available.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@KevinG1,

As that model is divided by 2 different styles, an internal PSU and an external power brick, you might need to clarify what style.  That said, could you please state the reason for such an endeavor.  The slimline are uniquely compact, and if you were considering a new PSU (if it were the internal style),  and a new graphic card, you must be prepared for higher internal temperatures.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I tried searching online, but there different power supply for the slimline saying that they only support different models for example, there is one that only fits 

HP Pavilion S5000, S5100BR, S5100LA, S5100Z CTO, S510

but I see no power supply for the slimline 400 series.My question is, can I fit any power supply onto the slimline that is for the slimline or does it have to be a specific one.

HP Recommended

@KevinG1,

Again I am going to request that you answer a simple question.   Look here, and tell what style of rear plate the unit has. Look at pg 4.. Left is an internal PSU.  Right is an external Power Brick.

If it is the left picture, then shut-down the computer and measure.

Standard ATX PSU measurements (324 x 212).jpg

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

I already got the power supply for the computer, thanks for the help anyways.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.