Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G2 Base Model Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bonjour,

j'aimerai ajouter une carte graphique MSI GTX 1660 à mon  HP ProDesk 600 G2 MT.

L'alimentation ne possédant pas de connecteur d'alimentation soit pour carte graphique, je cherche une alimentation compatible avec la carte mère et qui aurait une fiche d'alimentation pour la GTX ou également une autre solution.

Merci d'avance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@chrypox,

That is affirmative.

Choose an ATX power supply that would fit (L x H X W) in your case, replacing the stock HP power supply.  You could even secure your new power supply with Velcro tape if necessary.

As I explained in my link, the power adapter is very simple to install: its 24-pin adapter connector fits in the 24-pin ATX power supply connector, its 6-pin "P1" and 6-pin "P2" equivalents fits onto the HP motherboard, and you use one of the ATX power supply's 4-pin "CPU" power connectors as the HP "P3" equivalent motherboard plug ins. Done. Easy-peasy.

After using this alternative power method on several HP legacy desktops for a year, there have been NO issues, zero "hot spots", no discolored wires, or any other undesirable issues.

Highly recommended.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@chrypox,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

The best solution, in my opinion, is to use a 24-pin ATX to HP ProDesk 600 G2 power adapter, such as this example: https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Power-Adapter-Workstation-12-inch/dp/B06XW7RWNH/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2GBNRL....

I used this power adapter very successfully on my HP Pro 6300 SFF legacy HP desktop upgrade project: Solved: Upgrading HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF - Page 5 - HP Support Community - 8184303.  The only difference between an SFF (Small Form Factor) and your larger MT (Mini Tower), is that you will be able to fit an ATX power supply and an MSI GTX 1660 inside your chassis.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Bonjour et merci pour votre réponse rapide.

Donc si je comprend bien, il me suffit d'acheter une alimentation atx et d'y brancher le câble , rien de plus ?

Rentrera elle sans problème ?

HP Recommended

@chrypox,

That is affirmative.

Choose an ATX power supply that would fit (L x H X W) in your case, replacing the stock HP power supply.  You could even secure your new power supply with Velcro tape if necessary.

As I explained in my link, the power adapter is very simple to install: its 24-pin adapter connector fits in the 24-pin ATX power supply connector, its 6-pin "P1" and 6-pin "P2" equivalents fits onto the HP motherboard, and you use one of the ATX power supply's 4-pin "CPU" power connectors as the HP "P3" equivalent motherboard plug ins. Done. Easy-peasy.

After using this alternative power method on several HP legacy desktops for a year, there have been NO issues, zero "hot spots", no discolored wires, or any other undesirable issues.

Highly recommended.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Vous me sauvez la vie.

Un grand merci pour cette explication détaillée .

HP Recommended

@chrypox,

Vous êtes les bienvenus!

content d'avoir pu aider.

Sincères Amitiés,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Une dernière question si je peux me permettre.

Cette alimentation serait-elle un bon choix pour ma carte mère ?

https://www.ewent.com/fr-fr/bloc-d-alimentation-de-remplacement-atx-pour-pc-ew3908 

HP Recommended

@chrypox,

You will have to check this power supply's dimensions for fit.  But yes, in principle any ATX power supply will do, but you have to watch its size, or else you'll have to park the PSU outside your PC.

Personally, I would consider either a fully modular or at least a semi-modular ATX power supply, because you can plug in only the power cables you need, making cable management inside your desktop so much more manageable.  These power supplies are more expensive than the 'traditional' ATX power supplies, but worth it -at least in my opinion.

For example, take this example (for comparison's sake) [EDIT]: Amazon.com: EVGA 110-BQ-0600-K1 600 BQ, 80+ Bronze 600W, Semi Modular, FDB Fan, 3 Year Warranty, Pow....

Its dimensions are: 140mm x 150mm x 85mm (longueur x largeur x hauteur).

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi @chrypox !

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community.

We advise you to post your reply in English to insure a quick response for the Community. This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
MayS. 

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello MaiS

Sorry, not speaking English, I took the liberty of writing in French.

But I will try with google translate 😄

NonSequitur777:

Sorry to bother you with my stupid questions, but do you think this power supply is compatible?

MSI MAG-A550BN 

For the format yes, but compared to the cable, I prefer to ask being a novice.

Thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.