Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an HP Prodesk 400 G1 motherboard, and currently I have a 1TB HDD, and i wan't to upgrade an SSD, with 256 GB storage, i already readed the manual, but it says the maximum SSD capacity is 128 GB SSD. What hapens if i connect the SSD into the PC with SATA cable(SATA 3). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm pretty sure that limit is just what HP offered in the model series.

I have much older HP business desktop PC's than yours (dc7800, 8000 Elite, 8200 Elite, 6200 Pro) and they all have 2.5" SSD's larger than 128 GB and they all work just fine.

In order for the SSD to work as the boot drive, you will need to connect it in the SATA port the 1 TB HDD is currently connected to.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm pretty sure that limit is just what HP offered in the model series.

I have much older HP business desktop PC's than yours (dc7800, 8000 Elite, 8200 Elite, 6200 Pro) and they all have 2.5" SSD's larger than 128 GB and they all work just fine.

In order for the SSD to work as the boot drive, you will need to connect it in the SATA port the 1 TB HDD is currently connected to.

HP Recommended

Yeah, i know how priority works, because I'm currently studying System Administrator, but i wanted to go sure. Thank You for the answer!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.