Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Prodesk 600 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to find a part number for the prodesk 600g3 micro tower or elite desk 800 micro tower wifi (m.2) antenna kit/cover.  I am not worried about the m2 wifi card because I have a bunch and already confirmed it working, when plugging it in and windows 10 picked up on wifi and bt pretty much upon boot.

Note that I do not want a pci-e card  as those will be taken up by deviced, or a usb wifi adaptor.  I would prefer to be able to use the m.2 wifi slot on the motherboard.

You can see the antenna cover on this HP picture.

antenna cover.jpg

Any info would be great.  I've already taken the pc apart and I see a spot in the front behind the bezel that is labeled Ant1 and then the spot above in the picture behind the cover is for Ant2.

Thanks much

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to enter the product numbers of the PC's in the HP partsurfer website to see if they list any parts for the M.2 wifi adapter and antenna kit.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

Otherwise you are probably going to have to contact HP customer service and see if they can look up the required antenna kit part numbers.

Here is an old phone directory I have for HP business PC support worldwide.  The # for the USA/Canada works, because I just used it last month.

http://jp.ext.hp.com/lib/doc/manual/desktop/business_desktops/332630_007.pdf

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link.  I went through the past two hours searching every 600 g4 Micro tower.  They list the wifi card but not the antenna kit.  Only ones I could find the kit for are the SFF and the micro.  I ordered the following kit which is for a SFF...

About a 50% if this is going to work or not.  I know at now looking at the front of the micro tower there are 2 spots for Antennas, and also one for the rear. so a total of 3.  I am hoping that the antenna 2 is long enough to go to the rear of the tower.  We'll see I guess....  Appreciate the help and I will update once I get everything.

HP: 910151-001

antenna.jpgantenna cover 2.JPG

That cover looks the same to me as the one in the kit so I'm hoping we have a match here.

Why manufactures make it super diffcult to upgrade or change things is exactly the reason why I build my pcs and there are no issues.  You'd think this would be an easy way for the manufacture to make extra money for people that want to upgrade at a later time.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that looks good to me too.

I have no idea why HP makes it so hard to upgrade.

If you look at their site, they offer slews of accessories but nothing like that.

BTW, I received a reply to a similar post today.

You may want to look at the last reply on this discussion....though it appears he may have modified his setup.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/What-to-do-to-have-WLAN-on-HP-EliteDes...

HP Recommended

We'll see, but I'm hoping everything works.  I was going to do the SMA antenna idea if this doesn't work out but I am REALLY trying to avoid having any external visible antennas that can be messed with or unscrewed.  It's a unique situation so that's why I am hoping this is better.

On our Dell optiplex 7060 however we are more than likely going to have to go the SMA connector route but it's a SFF pc and the leads are small so that should work.  The longest I could find for MHF4 - sma was about 30cm.  For some reason they don't come that long which I wish they did.  Or they probably do and I just can't find it yet.

I'll update the thread and possibly the other one in case it help someone in the future,  But we'll at least know if it works or not in about a week.

HP Recommended

Got the antenna kit.

Definitely for the SFF version.  The back cover did not fit the prodesk.  The antennas are shorter as well.  I made it work.  Front lower antenna was fine.  I would have  preferred to have an antenna on the back part of the computer but the lenght just wasn't possible.  I instead mounted it up on the top front half behind the the bezel.  Checked wifi and have full bars, so it works fine, just not OEM.   Seems so silly one can get the SFF antennas fairly easy but for the micro desk top not so much.?

HP Recommended

Glad it at least worked for you.

Someone at HP has to know what the correct antenna kit part number is for the MT's.

Here is a long shot...contact the HP executive team at the link below, and see if they will be able to furnish that info.

You should get a reply in several business days.

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

HP Recommended

Hi.

I was also looking for the original antenna for my ProDesk 600 G3, and came across to your post.

I studied all the links above. Some links are very interesting.
That's what I found for the weekend.

HP ProDesk 600 G3 Microtower (2SF50ES) - it's not my ProDesk, I found it on Google Search  by chance. Original link on Russian PC Online-Shop  - NIX.RU

Put this PN: 2SF50ES on HP PartSurfer

And you'll see all characteristics of parts for this unit.

On Cover category I found Part-Number of this part, it should be the External plastic cover for WLAN antennas:

L38183-001 COVER ANTENNA ENT17

On Unknown Keyword  category I found Part-Number of antenna:

916827-001 CA ASSY, WIRELESS ANTENNA INTERNAL MT D6

EliteDesk 800G3 MT, ProDesk 600G3 MT, more newer ProDesk 600G4 MT and newes ProDesk 400G5 MT has the same Antennas (plastic Cover). But model SFF (small form-factor) has a different mounting holes for plastic cover.

More newer ProDesk 600G4 MT has the same Cover with same mounting holes - HP PartSurfer

But Part-Number of Cover is different:

910112-001 Antenna cover - ENT17

I think both of PN is correct: L38183-001 and 910112-001.

I'm tried for looking up this parts on eBay and Amazon - but found nothing.

You can try to find the Part-Numbers above on HP Parts Store . But I think price is inappropriate - $50 only for plastic Cover or Antennas - I think it's very expensive. I think easy way to draw Cover scheme on any CAD application and print on 3D printer)) And buy an antenna from other devices, which are very much on eBay or AliExpress.

Another way to wait until broken ProDesks with WLAN appears on eBay, and try to buy in parts.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Looking back now in all honestly I'd probably just get the USB tiny wifi adapter and plug it in the back of the computer.  But the antenna kit I used and after modding the front bezel works.  Good research BTW.  It's amazing to me how hard HP has really made something as simple as adding the OEM m.2 wifi card plus antenna kit is.  How hard is it to package it together for MT, SFF...etc,  and charge X amount for it.   That's just being lazy on their part.

Edit:  Found this on another thread.

However, my preferred kit is this one:

Intel 8265.NGWMG.DTX1

It contains an Intel 8265NGW Wireless-AC card

2x U.FL to SMA pigtails

1x bracket for SFF cases

1x full height bracket for normal cases

2x SMA Antennas

This would be the way to go in all reality.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.