cigno985
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP SSD compatibility

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p031NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody. I guess to know if I can upgrade my current HDD, (1 TB) mounted on my HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p031NL, with a HP SSD S700 (Sata 3, 1Tb).

I ask this as I tried to upgrade my desktop buying a Samsung EVO 870 SSD, but it failed post as reported in HP blocking SSD topic . As this desktop does not have a PCI slot available (the only one available is occupied by the RADEON GPU), the solution descripted in that thread is not available. (current Fw version is: 82FE F.02, so the oldest one)

I would avoid buing a second device that is not supported by my desktop (even if it is an HP SSD!), so before buying it I wanna know your opinion. Is there any chance to use the Samsung EVO one or should I buy the second (HP) one or just leave my current HDD?

Thank you for your support!

4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,828 93,485 12,286 26,121
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cigno985 

How do you connect new SSD to SATA slot ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
cigno985
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Banhein, I cloned the original Hp Hdd to the Samsung one using an external USB adapter. Cloned succeeded. Then I simply swapped the hdd replacing it with the ssd using the same cables. So in the end I got the ssd connected instead of the hdd one.

Before doing swap I edit bios config to disable secure boot (not sure to be honest if I also enabled legacy).

Ask me for more info if needed.

Regards

VH2000
Level 4
186 184 5 19
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This might be the difference

HP uses a Silicon chipset SM2258XT
Samsung MKX Controller

But probably you have more than 1 SATA connector. You can try this:

Run the system from your HDD and connect the SAMSUNG to a 2nd SATA port

Does the machine boot and will the Samsung be detected in the device manager?

cigno985
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello VH2000, thank you for your reply. I have not performed that check in the past, but i may try. Unfortunately, the PC is at my parent's home, so I will try next days, when I will go there. For what I can remember, there are 2 out of 4 sata connectors occupied on the mobo. Each of them connects HDD and CDRom respectively to the mobo.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation