Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP SimpleSave
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 1 TB External hard drive which used to be so easy to use.  Now my HP SimpleSave Software is not functioning. I believe it is due to the OS Upgrade to Windows 10.  Is there an alternate HP Software back up product I could use?  I can provide the model and serial number if necessary.  Thank you for the assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ReginaJI 

SimpleSave has not been supported for years - it was never written to be used on Windows 10.

If you need to retrieve the data backed up by the SimpleSave proprietary software, connect the unit to a Windows 7 machine, recover the data, copy that data to a USB stick for later use.

HP does not any longer have / provide its own backup software options.

That said, while you are investigating alternatives, you can set up and use Windows File History.

Fairly easy to use, File History can be set to back up your data to the destination of your choice. 

For example, map a remote drive to your computer and send your File History backups to that location.

One of many, many examples (on the Internet) of the information available for File History

File History in Windows 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for the input.  So I have utilized Windows File History, and this is for my Father whom is extremely not savy behind a keyboard.  He needs to be able to go to his hard drive and see his files that were backed up.  With Win File History this is not possible, as far as I can tell.  I tried to advise him to drag and drop but he would have to do that every time he did a back-up.  He does not like that approach.  So I am trying to find maybe a different back-up software with the visual basics for an elderly man.  He wants to just plug it in and go, as it did with HP SimpeSave.

Do you have any recommendations?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.