Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Slim Desktop 290
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Does any 'poor soul' out there have a HP Slim Desktop 290?   This must be the worst PC  on the market. Apart from being 'steam powered' slow, which I knew about, the 'Bluetooth' is 'Totally Impossible'  to use. It refuses to connect to my mob, even though it keeps giving me a message that it is connected?   Don't know what anyone who has one of these useless PC's think, but I would love to hear your views.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PERCY14348

You cannot transfer files via bluetooth unless you have pre-installed software or have advanced softwares that can recieve it over it, that said, you are right, using email or simply transferring over wifi or cable, is much simpler.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@PERCY14348

Welcome to HP support community.

Connecting a Bluetooth device to an HP computer

1. Make sure the device you want to connect to is discoverable and within range of your computer.

For example, if the device is a headset, make sure it is on and set to Bluetooth. If the device is an Apple iOS or Android mobile device, go to the Settings menu and make sure Bluetooth is enabled and discoverable.

2. In Windows, search for and open Bluetooth and other devices settings.

NOTE: 

If Bluetooth & other devices does not return in the search, your computer might not support Bluetooth.

3. On the Bluetooth & other devices tab, toggle the Bluetooth setting to On.

Turning on the Bluetooth toggle

4. Click Add Bluetooth or other device to start searching for the device.

5. Click Bluetooth as the kind of device you want to add.

6. Select the Bluetooth device you want to add from the list.

7. If prompted, enter the PIN, and then click Connect. If a PIN does not display, enter 0000, a commonly used default PIN for many Bluetooth devices.

8. Immediately check for an authorization message on the device you are connecting to and confirm the message or allow access.

Example of a Bluetooth message when attempting to connect to a Windows 10 computer.

9. Follow the on-screen instructions on the computer and the device to complete the pairing process. A confirmation message displays when the devices are paired.

NOTE: 

If an authentication error displays, too much time has lapsed. Move the devices closer, and then try to pair them again.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry I have not replied. I have been away. 

I have tried your solution and unfortunately the process has not worked. My PC and my mobile phone appear to be paired, but I have tried to send an image from my phone. It said it was sending but failed?

Not to worry. I will continue to send my pics back and forward via email. Much simpler!

HP Recommended

@PERCY14348

You cannot transfer files via bluetooth unless you have pre-installed software or have advanced softwares that can recieve it over it, that said, you are right, using email or simply transferring over wifi or cable, is much simpler.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just find it strange that Bluetooth is an 'integral' component of my PC, yet it cannot be used to transfer or receive file from my mobile phone. Not much use it being there. I have removed the device a few times but it keeps re-appearing! How annoying. I purchased this PC when my 15 year old one was wearing out. Wish I'd kept it as it wasn't an HP!

HP Recommended

@PERCY14348

Let me clarify, since you told me you are better off sending emails, considering its clearly faster and more efficient than Bluetooth I told you its better, however, if this is important to you:

Use the following steps to enable Nearby Sharing, and then share your files wirelessly.

1.To enable Nearby Sharing, click the Action Center icon  in the lower-right, and then click the Nearby Sharing button. Do this on all devices that will use Nearby Sharing.
2.In File Explorer, select the file you want to share. On the Share tab, click Share.

NOTE:  

This example demonstrates how to use Nearby Sharing in File Explorer, but the steps are similar in all apps with sharing capability.

3.The Share window opens. Select the PC with which you want to share.

4.A message displays indicating that the file is waiting to be shared.

On the receiving device, a message displays indicating that a file is being shared.

5.Choose Save, or Save & Open.

If you select Save, a message displays showing the transfer progress and then shows where the received file was saved.

If you select Save & Open, a message displays showing the progress. When the transfer is complete, a message displays asking how you want to open the file.

6.The file opens on the receiving device in the selected app.

7.To share a link to a web page in Microsoft Edge, click the Share button  in the upper-right corner of Edge. When the Share window opens, select the device with which you want to share.

When the receiving device accepts the shared link, Microsoft Edge opens to that web page.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks once again for your help and instructions. After reading your instructions I think I still prefer emailing files and photos. I have recently had issues with the HP support system on my PC and have now removed it as it didn't work properly. So I want to try and keep things as simple as possible. You have been more than helpful and I will try not to bother anyone with any more of my issues.

HP Recommended

@PERCY14348

Good to know that I was helpful.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.