cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Slimliner
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Slimline PSU

HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline 400-034
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I have a Pavilion Slimline desktop : Product # H5P63AAR#ABA, S/N [Personal Information Removed]. It was purchased in the US as a refurbished item about 10 years ago but was not used there. Having now returned to the UK I want to use it here. When I bought it I was told that the PSU (type FH-ZD221MGR) had a switch that I should operate for UK use but I can't see any switch on the PSU, even when I take the side off the case. The label on the PSU lists both US and UK mains voltages and frequencies so can I just plug it directly into the UK mains?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Slimliner
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have just found a small red switch on the outside casing of the PSU but I needed a magnifying glass to read it. The switch was reading "110" (US mains) but it was easily moved with the tip of a screwdriver so it read "230" (UK mains). This answers my original question.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
itsmyname
Level 9
3,476 3,443 133 415
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Slimliner -- The Quick Start Guide shows two possible power-connections:

Capture.JPG

The image on the left shows the North American standard 3-prong connector, that is not used in the U.K.

The image on the right shows a "brick". Does the labeling on the brick indicate that the input voltage is "110-220" ? You'll need to get a different cable between that brick and the U.K.-style wall-outlet.

Slimliner
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The seller gave me a Quick Start Guide but did not provide me with a "brick". The output from the "brick" feeds a single pin connector of the type used by laptops, so I don't see why I would need one. I have a UK PC mains cable one end of which plugs directly into the UK mains using a British Standard 3 prong connector and the other end of which plugs into the back of the PSU.

My question is whether I can replace the North American standard power cable with my UK standard power cable without any other hardware being required.

Slimliner
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have just found a small red switch on the outside casing of the PSU but I needed a magnifying glass to read it. The switch was reading "110" (US mains) but it was easily moved with the tip of a screwdriver so it read "230" (UK mains). This answers my original question.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation