Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 280 G2 MT (Non-Legacy)

I keep getting messages that the HP tools partition E:drive on my HDD is out of space.  It doesn't seem to be causing any actual performance issues, that I notice.  But how do I make the message go away?  

What's in this area of the HD - I can't easily see?

It appears to only have 96MB of space allocated - from new, from first installation, which is full. Do I need to increase this share of space, if so how - there's plenty available on C?  Or what can I delete instead?

Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-280-g2-microtower-pc/8741823/advisories

this partition should not be used, it should contain diagnostic tools, and maybe bios update options
I can't find where to look in the HP links here
Normally the user shouldn't place files there, so it shouldn't run out of space.
this looks a bit like what happens with the recovery partition

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/Recovery-D-drive-is-full-How-can-I-fix-thi...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Very-high-used-space-in-Recover...

but i think the links have been removed.

first, see if possible to access it, I doubt it?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks but that doesn't explain the problem on the Tools partition  - recovery area is a different thing.  Is this Tools partition a small space by design, if so what has caused my space to be used up - appears to be BIOS files which I've not messed with.  As before, if it's going to be full normally how do I make the segment bigger.  Links so far don't explain this.

HP Recommended

Could be similar, but since the hp links no longer exist, that doesn't help
that's why i asked you to check if you could open it
for the recovery partition, I know very well that it is not the same thing
but it happened that by mistake, files were placed there!
sometimes it was just the windows restore points that were configured here, when they shouldn't, or other files placed by mistake

protection système.gif
for the bios, it is a possibility, but it surprises me that it is designed in such a way that at some point the partition is full
enlarging the said partition is possible, but I don't know at this time if it will not be without risk!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.