Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G1 DM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today the tool told me there were multiple updates. I ran them through and it said to restart.

I did so, but still keep getting the same reminder, but now for just one update, BIOS LO4

It just keeps going around and around, saying it is already downloaded, and when it asks for installation, it comes back to the same again.

In one section, after loading, it comes up with the screen marked "2"...am I supposed to do something there?

I have rebooted many times, but it keeps telling me the same updated is needed via a yellow exclamation in the HP  question mark (?) icon in the tray, and when the program is loaded up.

How do I fix this please?LoopLoop

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

hpactionlog.JPG

HP Recommended

Interesting to see that you also have not been mantained by HPSA in the last 14 months.

See also my post here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Support-Assistant/m-p/693607...

This only proves that this is yet another HP **bleep**-up - mark this update as 'ignore' assuming that BIOS got installed and updated previously.

HP Recommended

Sorry, here I am again, with a similar update to bios needed, and I can't get rid of it.

Keep getting the red cross, download a file, try to install it, then run it, but told no good.

What am I supposed to do please

grr10.jpg

HP Recommended

My log...

log.JPG

HP Recommended

Anyone else here?

Or do I have to ring HP support?

HP Recommended

What's the SP number for this file?

You could download and install it manually - assuming that it's definitely correct for your PC package.

Otherwise my previous advice stands: just mark it as 'ignore' for a month or so.

HP Recommended

sp96020...this is the file it asks me to do when I download it.

This is what it says my bios is now

bios info.JPG

HP Recommended

You can get it from here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96020.exe

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96020.html

VERSION: 00.02.31 REV: A PASS: 1

You seem to be few versions behind (v02.27) based on the screenshot provided so worth installing it.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp88001-88500/sp88066.html

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85214.html

Etc.

HP Recommended

All I can think of, is that I am following the process incorrectly, and am causing these errors myself.

This is the procedure I am trying.

process.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.