Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I work in finance and need for my F2 key to perform the F2 function, not turn down the volume on my speakers. How do I lock my keyboard to the actual functions instead of multimedia actions? Have tried pressing esc + fn at the same time, but this does not work.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
there is different keyboard, it is difficult to answer you without having the exact model
that said, if it is a kit supplied with the computer, we may only find general information
Most often, a function is used by pressing the FN key at the same time as the desired key.
And there is no workaround except for some laptops.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The model number of the keyboard is TPC-C002K.

Why does this keyboard not inherit settings from the OS? I have it connected to a laptop. The functions keys on the laptop work as they should, but wireless keyboard is locked on multimedia functions. Why would they be different? I would hate to have to send this entire computer back because of a wireless keyboard.

HP Recommended

sorry i am looking for
this type of reference, does not give anything at hp directly, whereas we find some stuff via google, but nothing specific
I did not quite understand the remark with the laptop
But sometimes the keyboard is only 100% functional with the original computer I guess

for the moment I just found this on the net
https://fccid.io/E8HTPC-C002K/User-Manual/User-Manual-3450149
except that it is the manual of a computer not of the keyboard directly
but sometimes like i said thats all we can have
What is the model of the computer, therefore if purchased with it?
"would hate to have to send this entire computer back because of a wireless keyboard."
You know, that's not what I keep with the new hp computers, the keyboards are not like they used to be (except maybe with some models)
in any case, you can replace it with a more interesting model, and not necessarily very expensive

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I Googled and found the same manual that, as you noted, was not helpful.

I hear your point about just buying another keyboard, but if HP cannot even send a computer with a keyboard that functions correctly, they're not getting my money.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.