Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z3700 Wireless Mouse Silver
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought HP mouse on May 8 2021 from amazon, but on September 6 my mouse scroll stopped working properly. And I want to claim for warranty, as it has a warranty for 1 year.

For which I first asked amazon support center they told me to use HP support.

HP support asks for Serial number and Product Number I entered the exact details as given behind the mouse but HP support is not able to detect my mouse and telling it is invalid serial number.

I want to claim warranty but I don't have any way to contact them as well as they are not even recognizing my device.

I am attaching the amazon invoice number, Mouse back side photo which contains serial number and product number. I don't understand it is not able to recognize my device.

Detect.PNGInvoice.PNGMouse Backside.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@KuSuDo,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out

We understand the mouse is not working and unable to the serial number. Please find the invoices you are able to find the serial number.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

HI,

I'm facing exactly the same issue with the same product. 

The serial number on the back of the mouse is not being treated as a valid one and the mouse is not being detected by the HP website.

What should be my next step of action? The product was bought on August 02, 2021, and is well within the warranty period.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem with my HP  keyboard/mouse set.  HP site does not recognise the serial number printed on both the product and the box.  Are these genuine HP units or not?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.