Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp Z2 Tower G4 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Z2 Tower G4 M.2 storage (PCIe Gen3 x4) expansion slot, what is max size card in each slot? I would like to upgrade one slot to a Samsung (MZ-V7S1T0B/AM) 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology

Will this work, and/or is this supported?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP normally supports 2280 M.2 drives.

The Samsung 970 should work.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks. My other question is the size of M.2 storage. My M.2 slot 1 already has 1TB, and I wanted to add the Samsung SSD in the second M.2 slot. I know that 1TB will work, but want to add 2TB in that slot, and want to be sure that a total of 3TB in both M.2 slots is supported by the system. Therefore, what would be the max TB's I could install in total, both slots?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Your PC supports two NVME drives. Windows 10 can handle much greater than 2 TB storage volumes.

You should have no problems adding a second 2 TB NVME SSD.

Just make sure you initialize and format the new disk in Windows Disk Management or Windows File Explorer will not see the new, clean disk.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.