Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z220 Base Model Convertible Minitower Workstation
Microsoft Windows 11

Dear people, Sorry for my previous email in Dutch.

I received 4 x 8 GB of memory and want to get this working in my HP Z220 workstation. According to HP, that should be possible.

My HP has: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50 GHz, 4 x 4.0 GB with Windows 11 (64). The Bios has had the latest update (06/10/2019, K51 v01.87), but unfortunately does not accept 4 x 8 GB RAM. I have Samsung memory, type: 4 x 8G 1rx4 pc3l -1200R.
Does anyone have a solution or workaround for this?

Thanks in advance.

Joop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Joop1952,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Even though the HP Z220 CMT specs suggests that both Non-ECC and ECC RAM can be fitted, your Xeon E3-1270 v2 specifically supports ECC RAM, and my recommendation is to 'stick' with that: up to 4 x 8GB of DDR3 PC3-12800, ECC, RDIMM, 2RX4, (server) RAM sticks, such as this RAM: Samsung 4x8GB PC3L-12800R 2RX4 ECC Server Memory M393B1G70QH0-YK0 RDIMM.

Kind Regards / Met Vriendelijke Groeten, (yes, I'm an ex-pat Dutchman)

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Joop1952,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Even though the HP Z220 CMT specs suggests that both Non-ECC and ECC RAM can be fitted, your Xeon E3-1270 v2 specifically supports ECC RAM, and my recommendation is to 'stick' with that: up to 4 x 8GB of DDR3 PC3-12800, ECC, RDIMM, 2RX4, (server) RAM sticks, such as this RAM: Samsung 4x8GB PC3L-12800R 2RX4 ECC Server Memory M393B1G70QH0-YK0 RDIMM.

Kind Regards / Met Vriendelijke Groeten, (yes, I'm an ex-pat Dutchman)

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.