Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z240 TOWER WORKSTATION
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Since yesterday, I have a Problem with my HP Z240 TOWER Workstation. When I plug it into the electrical outlet, the Z240 makes 6 RED Beeps and 3 WHITE Beeps and the PSU does not show the green light at the back.

Initially, I thought the PSU (400W) is broken so I unplugged it from the Motherboard and when I start the Computer, the PSU shows the green light and the fan works fine. Therefore I assume my PSU is fine.

I also disconnected and reconnected every cables from the Motherboard, removed and re-inserted the RAM, but always the same... 6 RED Beeps and 3 WHITE Beeps.

Looking at the maintenance document for the Z240, I do not see any Information regarding this error.

Any ideas how could I fix this Z240 ?

In case of the Motherboard being broken, where can I buy a new one ?

In advance, thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Nicolas

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

SIX BEEPS IS USUALLY VIDEO RELATED,  try another video card

did you change any bios settings?  if so co a cmos reset 

try changing bios, UEFI mode to Legacy mode once you get a working display

https://content.austin.hp.com/production_common2/cninv000000000669541/course/documents/Beep_Blink_Co...

HP Recommended

Hello DGroves,

Thanks for your feed-back.

I did not change any BIOS Settings as I cannot access the BIOS at all. The HP Z240 would NOT start at all.

I performed a CMOS reset on the motherboard but here again, it does not change anything. The problem persists.

I tried to use another graphic card but it is still the same... 6 RED Beeps and 3 WHITE Beeps...

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Nicolas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.