Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z640 workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Z640   psu 18 pin main power pin diagram with voltage please give me

Is there any manual for power supply unit of hp Z640??

power supply unit model is D12-925P1A

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Why?

A voltmeter that costs a few pounds will actually tell you.

Start here  and make you own version of the table.

Pin Name Color Description

1   3.3V Orange +3.3 VDC

2    3.3V Orange +3.3 VDC

3    COM Black Ground

etc etc.

HP Recommended

my existing z640 psu is not working so I can not check the voltage by the volt meter thats the reason I need the pin diagram of 18 pin main power connector

HP Recommended

Sorry cannot help.

The only pinout I know of I already posted...

ATX connector pinout Pin Name Color Description

1 3.3V Orange +3.3 VDC

2 3.3V Orange +3.3 VDC

3 COM Black Ground

4 5V Red +5 VDC

5 COM Black Ground

6 5V Red +5 VDC

7 COM Black Ground

8 PWR_OK Gray Power Ok is a status signal generated by the power supply to notify the computer that the DC operating voltages are within the ranges required for proper computer operation (+5 VDC when power is Ok when PSU is turned ON)

9 5VSB Purple  +5 VDC Standby Voltage (max 10mA) 500mA or more typical

10 12V Yellow +12 VDC (may sometimes have a colored stripe to indicate which rail it's on)

11 3.3V Orange +3.3 VDC

12 -12V Blue -12 VDC

13 COM Black Ground

14 /PS_ON Green Power Supply On (active low). Short this pin to GND to switch power supply ON, disconnect from GND to switch OFF.

15 COM Black Ground

16 COM Black Ground

17 COM Black Ground

18 -5V White -5 VDC (2002 v1.2 made optional, 2004 v2.01 removed from specification)

19 5V Red +5 VDC

20 5V Red +5 VDC

/PS_ON activated by pressing and releasing the power button while the power supply is in standby mode. Shorting the pin 14 (/PS_ON) to GND (COM) causes power supply to switch ON.

In several power supply units pin-12 may be Brown (not Blue), pin-18 may be Blue (not White), and pin-8 may be White (not Gray).  In addition, some PSU violate color coding of wires.

Pin 9 (standby) supply 5V even when PSU is turned off. Pin 14 goes from 0 to 3.7 when PSU switch is turned on.

NB: About the PSU output being controlled in some part by PIN 14 and/or PIN 9

BUT a PSU contains a LETHAL VOLTAGE and should not be opened.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.