Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved all-in-one PC 34-b0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the mh1gc mouse that came with my HP ENVY Curved all-in-one PC 34-b0xx has suddenly stopped working. i have tried replacing the batteries as well as searching online for fixes but have found no solutions

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jeremy33

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

If you've already attempted the synchronization process and it isn't working, try reseating the dongle and check again, here are the instructions to get it done: https://hp.care/2llrSjq

Once the above steps are done, try the below steps:

1. Connect the USB receiver into the USB port on your computer.

If your computer came with the USB dongle preinstalled, skip this step.

Figure : USB receiver and port

Connecting the receiver

NOTE: If you are setting up your computer for the first time, examine the packaging material for the USB wireless receiver (dongle). On some HP All-in-One and desktop PC products, the USB wireless receiver comes preinstalled and is not included separately in the packaging.

Figure : Examples of dongle locations in packaging

Locations in the packaging where you will find the dongle
  2. Turn off the computer.

3. Make sure the plastic battery tab is removed.

Figure : Battery tab

Battery tab
  4. Make sure batteries are installed in both the wireless mouse and in the keyboard.

5. Make sure the wireless mouse is switch is set to the On position.

The switch is on the bottom of the wireless mouse and keyboard devices.

Certain keyboard models might have a power switch. Set it to ON position.

6. Make sure the keyboard and mouse batteries have power. See How to charge the wireless keyboard for more information.

7. Turn on the computer.

How to charge the wireless keyboard:

On most HP wireless keyboard models, an LED indicator blinks when the battery is low.

If the keyboard has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, use the charging cable to charge the keyboard:

1. Connect the microUSB end of the charging cable to the rechargeable keyboard.

2. Connect the USB end of the charging cable to an available USB port on your computer, or to any USB charging device.

Figure : Keyboard model AH0G connecting to charging device

1. LED battery indicator

2. MicroUSB cable to charging device

If the keyboard uses alkaline batteries, replace the batteries with a fresh set:

1. Remove the battery cover, on the underside of the keyboard, to access the battery compartment.

2. Make sure the positive end of the battery is oriented to the positive side of the compartment. Look for the positive symbol (a plus sign +) imprinted near the battery compartment or battery cover.

3. Replace the battery cover.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: https://hp.care/2lmVT2a - Video overview of wireless mouse and keyboard troubleshooting Onward. (By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.