Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L, i& with RTX 3090

On Mar 14, 2021 I bought a PC from HP. The specs:
- Nvidia RTX 3090
- Intel 7 10700K 3.8 Ghz
- 16 gb HyperX RAM
- WD Black 512 GB PCIe SSD
- etc

I paid a total of $3065. On the same date I could have bought a PC with the same specs (and no OEM parts) from ibuypower.com or cyberpowerpc.com for $500 less. The reason I went with HP is because their shipping date was Apr 09, 2021. All the other brands could only offer these specs by May 06, 2021.

By Apr 08, 2021 HP had not updated anything on the order page, so I contacted their support. Their support person assured me my computer was still being shipped on Apr 09 2021, to wait 24-48 hours and then contact them again if there was any problem.

By Apr 11, 2021 nothing had changed and I had not received any notice of shipping. I contacted support, and the support person assured me again my computer was shipped on Apr 09, 2021 and to wait 24-48 hours for the tracking number to arrive by email.

I have the logs of both conversations to show this.

On Apr 12, 2021 I received an email from HP saying "As a direct result of unexpected supply constraints, we now expect your order to ship on a revised date of  4/27/2021". Which basically means I will now be receiving my PC at the very least by May 06, 2021. That's if I'm lucky, which I know I won't be because this is what HP does and they knew perfectly well that they would not have a supply of 3090s before May 06, 2021, just like everybody else. In addition to that, my credit score took a noticeable hit from spending the $3065.

So far I'm $3000 poorer, had to pay $500 more than I needed because of their shipping promise, I have no computer for a month and a half (if they actually deliver on time) so I'm losing money because I cannot work for 3 more weeks, and I cannot cancel the order and order from someone else, because now prices have gone up for everybody and to get a PC with these specs you have to pay at least $3900.

What is HP prepared to do to compensate me?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Worthing 

I know all vendors including HP are trying to do their best to bring their products to customers. But with on-going Covid-19 pandemic, everything is unpredictable. I believe high priority now is vaccine therefore only God knows when things would be going back to normal.

Please wait, it will come.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HI Banhien.

I have no problem with every brand having a hard time with delivery because of the pandemic. I have a problem with HP lying about a delivery date they knew was impossible. Because of their lie I spent $500 more than I needed to when I could have gone with another brand that would have given me the same specs for less money (plus the added value of having no OEM parts in the PC, which I now will with HP).

Now they are going to deliver on the same date as every other brand (if that) and I cannot even cancel my order and go with someone else because everybody's prices have already climbed a lot. I lost $500 a month ago and now I'm going to hemorrhage money every day until they deliver a computer because I cannot work without that computer.

This is the dirtiest trick I've been played on, and everybody deserves to hear that these are now HP's business practices. I'm sure I'm not the only one they lied to with this issue. They have no shame.

HP Recommended

If HP had any class they would wait to take the money from my account until they have at least shipped the product, even more knowing that they are not going to deliver in time. They did seem to be in a rush to take the money a few minutes after I put in the order. Not much rush to deliver though. They're all excuses.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.