Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1280t 2012
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been trying to install a new graphics card to bypass the integrated graphics. New card

is NVIDIA QUADRO 2000. When I install the new card Windows 7 Pro will not boot. All I get is the

blue HP screen "press esc to enter setup", however no key on the keyboard functions.  What step am 

I missing?

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@kd-in-PA , welcome to the forum.

Since your computer was released in January, 2012, with Win 7, I don't believe that the motherboard has UEFI.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012 with Win 8.

It may be that the Quadro 2000 requires UEFI.  I suggest that you contact the video card's manufacturer's Tech Support to see what they have to say.  They may have another solution for you.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

efi.JPGThis means NOT Legacy? So..... ???

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @kd-in-PA!

So, you actually have to look in the BIOS information to see if it is a standard/Legacy or UEFI.  Right click on Start (Windows logo lower left corner) and select Run.  Type msinfo32 and click OK.  In the Summary check the BIOS Mode.  It will say if it is UEFI or not.

The information that you provided in your post is for the hard drive.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@old_geekster 

It is a circa 2010 card.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Does this help???Does this help???

HP Recommended

@kd-in-PA,

I will provide you a link.  You press on it, and it opens a testing program.  Look for Boot Environment and report back. Here is the LINK.    Not sure why your not following a path of least resistance.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Respectfully, I have been following every path that has been thrown at me, both here and elsewhere,

trying to figure this out. Changing a graphics card has always been easy until now. Many of the Paths I have been told to follow lead me to nothing with this PC, which I am ready to set fire to. I appreciate your and everyone else's efforts.Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

I have been hearing it cannot be EFI but every path I take leads me to EFI.

That means nothing to an amateur like me. Whatever happened to plug 'n play...

HP Recommended

The NVIDIA QUADRO 2000 is a BIOS card. It is not EFI, noir is it UEFI.

At this juncture, I must excuse myself from this impasse.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.