Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 590 0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have run into a brick wall as the factory MOBO has on one USB 9 pin (SATA) port at the bottom of the case. That type port is needed for some add on  PCIe cards (AX wifi cards for example for USB power).

So, what MOBO would be a good replacement to give me more functionality and transfer my current CPU, memory, PCI card, etc to the new MOBO to reduce cost. Would also like the current power supply to work etc.

Otherwise it is a new build with salvage as much as I can.

Intel 5 system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Correct it only has one! You found it! Yes multiple USB stuff that is all used but the important connection which supplies USB (SATA) power to HDs (and all drives), and some expansion cards is only one and it is used all up. Splitters do not work on this type of connection to convert it to a USB 9 pin female.

I read some jerry rigs with splicing into an existing USB wire but that is not my cup of tea.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

In looking at the spec page for that model, it is confusing VS the post.  That model has more than one USB port, several, in fact.  So it seems that what you are commenting on is not USB ports.  Perhaps PCIe slots, as it only had one PCIeX1?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Correct it only has one! You found it! Yes multiple USB stuff that is all used but the important connection which supplies USB (SATA) power to HDs (and all drives), and some expansion cards is only one and it is used all up. Splitters do not work on this type of connection to convert it to a USB 9 pin female.

I read some jerry rigs with splicing into an existing USB wire but that is not my cup of tea.

HP Recommended

I still think we are not communicating.  What you are saying does not make much sense.  Please explain what you are wanting to accomplish.

What hardware are you wanting to add that there is not room to accommodate?  If you know the make and model of the hardware that you wish to install, then perhaps I can help with that.  Then the "Splitters do not work on this type of connection to convert it to a USB 9 pin female." might make more sense.

If you could attach a picture of the motherboard that shows the installed hardware and the area that is concerning the comment, it might clarify what is being discussed.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.