Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop PC TP01-2000a (2Z6C8AV)

tl;dr = The Erica6 motherboard's two blue USB ports in back are USB 3.1 ports (5 Gbps), not USB 2.0 (480 Mbps).

I have a "HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2003w" desktop that uses the HP Erica6 motherboard. According to HP's Erica6 specs it has "(4) USB 2.0 Type-A ports" in back. However, while bench testing my USB hard drive with the "CrystalDiskMark SEQ1M Q8T1" test I got 278 MB/s on all of the USB ports except the two black USB ports in back. On the two black back panel USB ports I only got 44 MB/s. The two (fast) blue back panel ports must be USB 3.1 ports. In other words, you want to use the back black ports for your keyboard and mouse, not your external drive. 🙂

The pics below is for an Erica2 motherboard, so it's not exactly the same as the Erica6. It does, however, have the back USB ports labeled correctly (labels 1 and 2).  Or if you want to see close up pics of the Erica2 motherboard you can download this pdf.

HP Erica.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @InvaderJim,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Well, USB speed depends on the system and device

USB transfer cannot be always at high speed.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I don't have a problem.  I'm just pointing out the the specs HP posted online for this motherboard are incorrect.  If you could correct the specs posted here: https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c07093984 that would resolve the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @InvaderJim

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.
I would request you reach out to our support team.  HP.COM

Or, I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.