Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP CQ2700ED
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

All they information on this PC is lost (including the OS Windows 7).

I would like to use this PC again but that means installing a new OS and drivers. (The recovery partition is also gone...)

Where can i download the original OS? I still have the serial number.

Where can i find the technical specifications on the motherboard, networkadapter, video etc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can review your PC's product specifications at this link.

The other specs on factory installed components can be reviewed here.

HP is not providing an option to purchase a set of Recovery discs for the product but the original factory installed software is available here.

You could try the following sites to see if a Recovery Kit is available:

Restore disks

Computer Surgeons

Best2Serve

The last option is to purchase and install an OEM copy of Win 7. Then install software from the previous link above.

Jay

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can review your PC's product specifications at this link.

The other specs on factory installed components can be reviewed here.

HP is not providing an option to purchase a set of Recovery discs for the product but the original factory installed software is available here.

You could try the following sites to see if a Recovery Kit is available:

Restore disks

Computer Surgeons

Best2Serve

The last option is to purchase and install an OEM copy of Win 7. Then install software from the previous link above.

Jay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.