Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
870-024nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys, im trying to substitute my hdd but I can’t, I have a omen HP model 870-024nl how can I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@POW3RTV,

According to the specifications page, you have a 256GB SSD and  a 1TB data drive.  

The replacement guide only shows the hard drive bay, see pg 2.   Would you please confirm that you have a 2.5" SSD drive (it would be installed in a 3.5" drive tray).  Within the 3 drive bay setup you should also find a 3.5" hard drive.

If you system is still operating, please do the following.   Unplug the power to the 3.5" drive:

1) Try to boot up.  It the system does boot, that will comfirm the WIN 10 OS is on the SSD.

2) It would be a simple task to clone the existing 256 GBSSD to the same size, or 500GB SSD.  Samsung provides a free Data Migration tool.

In the above scenerio, you would lay the unit on it's side (open).  Unplug the leads from the 1 TB drive, so you can use both with the new drive.  Just lay a piece of cardboard flat on the drive bay to stablize the new drive. Then clone.  After that, swap out the new SSD into the drive tray and plugs. (You must use the original cables for the boot drive).  Reboot to test. It all tests out, then re-connect the 1TB data drive.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.