Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p7-1287c Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to update my video card And the motherboard does not recognize the GPU I'm trying to install. I've Never updated the bios just wanna see if that will help but I cannot find any bio downloads for my product because it is no longer supported.  p7-1287c Desktop PC  I installed correctly fan spinning on the GPU I'm getting a black screen computer sounds like it's posting but just black screen

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

witch one ( nvidia gtx  rtx  , amd  ) ?

power supply is it this one ?

Power Supply - 300W
bios version ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

ASHATA RX 580 Graphics Card, 8GB GDDR5. The PSU is upgraded to 850

HP Recommended

ok

you did not answer, for the bios
of memory, after searching yesterday, little information available, computer, no longer in support at HP, probably
so to know if you have a bios, in version 7.xx 8.xx, uefi, or not
because if not uefi, that probably explains why it doesn't work if your graphics card requires this type of bios!

so

In theory only old graphics cards
AMD Radeon HD 6xxx cards, or a Nvidia GT (X) 6xx card
can be used

only works with a few motherboards, but to be seen!

Solved: Re: I have HpElite510tr. I want to upgrade original HD 6570... - HP Support Community - 8526...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Sorry about that the bios that I have installed is CAR_716.ROM v7.16

HP Recommended

give me the ssid of your motherboard, and the model
but i'm afraid you can't have another uefi version
in this case see the suggested tips, it may be necessary to change the model if nothing works

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.