Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Tower G9 Workstation Desktop PC (4Y0H8AV)

Hi everybody,

I´ve just started using a Z2 tower G9 Workstation to perform numerical calculations. It´s expected a high load of work with this machine.

I´m a bit worried about the temperature in the CPU. With a 55% of usage I get these values in the cores:

Temperature 0 92 degC (197 degF) (Package)
Temperature 1 99 degC (210 degF) (P-Cores (Max))
Temperature 2 85 degC (185 degF) (E-Cores (Max))
Temperature 3 56 degC (132 degF) (P-Core #0)
Temperature 4 70 degC (158 degF) (P-Core #1)
Temperature 5 85 degC (185 degF) (P-Core #2)
Temperature 6 92 degC (197 degF) (P-Core #3)
Temperature 7 84 degC (183 degF) (P-Core #4)
Temperature 8 89 degC (192 degF) (P-Core #5)
Temperature 9 87 degC (188 degF) (P-Core #6)
Temperature 10 99 degC (210 degF) (P-Core #7)
Temperature 11 85 degC (185 degF) (E-Core #8)
Temperature 12 85 degC (185 degF) (E-Core #9)
Temperature 13 85 degC (185 degF) (E-Core #10)
Temperature 14 82 degC (179 degF) (E-Core #11)
Temperature 15 79 degC (174 degF) (E-Core #12)
Temperature 16 77 degC (170 degF) (E-Core #13)
Temperature 17 80 degC (176 degF) (E-Core #14)
Temperature 18 80 degC (176 degF) (E-Core #15)

Can the system withstand this performance? Any recomendation?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You have not said what  utility you are using to monitor the processor, but it can't be accurate since the processor itself would have shut down due to a thermal event it it were.

Most processors have limits at which thermal events cause shutdowns to prevent damage.

It would have been great if you had identified the installed processor. I can't look up it's datasheet without it.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

My PC has a Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz and I used CPUID CPU-Z to monitor the temperatures.

The machine is new so I´m not sure if it could be a malfunction with the fans.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You're welcome and Thanks for the information.

Your Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K processor has a T junction temperature limit of 100C.

The temp that CPUID CPU-Z are showing are likely to be inaccurate if the PC has not shut down due to a thermal event.

Have you checked in the BIOS to see what the thermal settings are?

I would use the Core Temp utility instead.  Read the Readme.txt when you install it. 

https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/#google_vignette

CPU-z does not have the greatest reputation for processor temperature accuracy. 

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.